Finance wanted to export their reports into spread sheets but the company Logo and report Title were messing up the rendering.

To fix this I amended the SQL Server 2012 SSRS config file (called “rsreportserver.config“) after taking a copy.

The location of the config file was …

C:\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS11.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer

I commented out the line … (please note: I have replaced the greater-than and less-than symbols with square brackets)

[Extension Name="EXCELOPENXML" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ExcelOpenXmlRenderer.ExcelOpenXmlRenderer,Microsoft.ReportingServices.ExcelRendering"/]

… and replaced it with these 7 lines …

[Extension Name="EXCELOPENXML" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ExcelOpenXmlRenderer.ExcelOpenXmlRenderer,Microsoft.ReportingServices.ExcelRendering"]
	[Configuration]
		[DeviceInfo]
			[SimplePageHeaders]True[/SimplePageHeaders]
		[/DeviceInfo]
	[/Configuration]
[/Extension]

To use this, I moved the report Logo and Title into a heading-block within the reports.

** UPDATE **

On another occasion I was unable to make this global change and resorted to making changes within individual reports.

The method was to right-click on the items to be hidden, choose properties, then Visibility. I pasted this expression into the appropriate box …

=IIF(Globals!RenderFormat.Name = "EXCELOPENXML", True, False)

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s