When trying to uninstall Oracle Client (from a Windows server) the standalone deinstall tool couldn’t remove the file “oci.dll”.

To remove it (without rebooting) I tried to manually delete the file. The error message indicated which Windows service I had to stop. (IE: First it was locked by “SQL Server” then when I’d stopped that “VMWare Tools”, then DCOM, then COM+.

After stopping all the locking services in order – I was able to delete the file.
Lastly I restarted all the services I’d stopped 😉

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s