To optimize the Max-Server-Memory in a SQL2008r2 production-cluster running on Windows 2008r2 with 32GB of memory, I started PerfMon on the server and monitored Memory/available bytes.

I slowly increased the Max-server-Memory until at 30GB the Available-Bytes dipped below 300MB then reduced it a tad to 29GB.

I set Min-Server-Memory 2GB lower at 27GB.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s